As an alternative, Bioconservacion, together with its distributor in Portugal, Equifluxo, posed the use of Bi-On Fe, through a renewable filter with ambient air, capable of reaching an elimination capacity of H2S of up to 45% p/p. The use of this method would provide the following advantages over iron filings:
- There is no need to add an iron chloride solution as a step prior to desulphurisation.
- It would reduce the average number of changes thanks to the high desulphurisation capacity (45% p/p of the Bi-On Fe versus 12% p/p of iron filings).
- There would be higher efficiency rates.
- It would reduce energy consumption thanks to the low pressure drop values.
- Depending on the final composition of the product spent and the regulations of each country, Bi-On Fe could even be renewable.
- Flow rate: 25 m3/h
- Temperanture range: 35-40 ºC
- Humedad relativa: 95-99 %
- Composition: CH4 66%, CO2 30%, H2S 2500 ppm